Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Here Goes Nothin'...

Ok. I have been thinking about this post for a while, and it makes me nervous, which makes me ramble. So as I am about to ramble, prepare yourself: In in the past eight or nine years in an effort to decorate my house, I have discovered that I LOVE a good project. Especially if it involves paint and a blank wall, or paint and a really ugly piece of old furniture. I've fixed up many DI finds, garage sale treasures and hand-me-downs. I've painted/refinished numerous sets of kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Some things have turned out beautifully, others not so much. I think my husband has come to the conclusion that I am a crazy person more than once. But I really do love to do it. I get a sense of accomplishment from it. Plus, as a mom it doesn't involve children or dinner or dirty toilets. Anyway, I'll try to get to the point. I've always thought that if I could do this for a living it would be a dream job. I'm aware that something like this will not support my family. I'm not that much of a crazy person. But lately I've seen a few shops and sites where other people are doing exactly what I want to do, so I decided why not give it a try. I'm starting out very small and I don't know if it anything will ever really come from it, but at least its an excuse to feed my habit! I created another blog- thefinehouse.blogspot.com -on which to post my projects and get some feedback, which is the nervous part because normally I'm perfectly happy to not know what people really think. (Not that my house is the fine house, but isn't it a cute name? Plus I love that song and the very fine house was already taken in the land of bloggers.) So to finish my long-winded explanation, please take a look at my new blog and if you feel so inclined, let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm proud of you for taking a chance and going for your dream. I looked at your website and all I can say is... Holy Crap, you are super talented!!! You are going to do great.

Katie said...

Wow! Great idea! I may be calling when I get around to fixing up my kitchen. Your stuff is really cool. Good job!

B. Chad said...

I need you to come to Missouri! You definetly have talent!

Deanna said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!! I LOVE IT!!! I LOVE THEM, and I have TWO LITTLE BOYS THAT WOULD LOVE THEM, too! Okay - so one question - is it just a twin set or does it do the bunk-bed thing? We are still in an apartment, and have only two rooms, hence, mommy & daddy get one, the kids get the other...Let me know if those beds do the bunk-bed thing. rdpoulsen@gmail.com

BTW - I am in love with everything you've done!!! I really like the headboard idea...I think I feel a crafty hair starting to grow!!! (I need one for our queen sized bed...can you get frames that big? :) )

Deanna said...

Just sent you an e-mail. Thanks for your encouraging words...My two front teeth are caps...ask Wesley about it sometime...I can't imagine Tanner getting the same thing at age three!!! Wow.